Light and healthy seafood tacos are so refreshing and fun. Fresh greens and herbs top the delicately spiced shrimp, while the white sauce keeps it all cool.
Servings 8, Serving Size 1 taco, Prep Time 20 minutes, Cooking Time 6 minutes
Mexican White Sauce:
- 6 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon salt-free Creole seasoning blend
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 32 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups chopped mixed greens
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat the broiler. Set the broiler rack 3–4 inches from the heat.
- In a small bowl, stir together the Mexican white sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, lime juice, Creole seasoning, garlic, and salt. Add the shrimp to the mixture, tossing gently until well coated.
- Spread the shrimp in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Broil the shrimp for 2–3 minutes. Using tongs, turn over the shrimp. Broil for 2–3 minutes, or until the shrimp turn pink on the outside.
- Divide the shrimp equally among the tortillas. Top each with the greens and cilantro. Drizzle with the white sauce.
1 Starch, 1 Lean Protein, 1 Fat
|Calories from Fat||60|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||15 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Added Sugar||0 g|
This recipe is from Diabetes & Heart-Healthy Recipes published by the American Diabetes Association. ©2019 American Diabetes Association and the American Heart Association. All rights reserved. Available at ShopDiabetes, ShopHeart, and local retailers nationwide.