Know Diabetes by Heart™ Professional Education Webinar Series focuses on the link between cardiovascular disease (CVD) and type 2 diabetes (T2D). The series will consist of relevant cutting-edge topics such as up-to-date standards of care, guidelines and their implications for T2D and CVD, and approaches to shared decision making — among other topics.
- Webinar 5 – Common barriers in the management of type 2 diabetes and CVD riskJoin leading experts Nancy D'Hondt RPh, CDCES, FADCES, Clinical Pharmacist Ascension Health, St. John Hospital and Medical Center, Joshua J. Joseph, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, Suzanne Steinbaum, MD, Director of Women's Heart Health of Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City, and Clipper F. Young, PharmD, MPH, CDCES, BC-ADM, BCGP, Assistant Professor and Clinical Pharmacist, Touro University California College of Osteopathic Medicine, on how they address these common barriers in the management of type 2 diabetes and CVD risk.
- Webinar 4 – Management of Type 2 Diabetes and HypertensionJoin Keith C. Ferdinand, MD, FACC, FAHA, FASH, FNLA, Professor of Clinical Medicine at the Tulane University Heart and Vascular Institute and Ian de Boer, MD, MS, Associate Professor of Medicine, Division of Nephrology Adjunct Associate Professor, Epidemiology at the University of Washington as they review current guidelines, barriers in hypertension and diabetes management, and clinical solutions to reduce those barriers.
- Webinar 3 – Managing Patients with Type 2 Diabetes: Approaches for Screening, Complication Management and TreatmentThis discussion will be led by our expert panelists, Neha J. Pagidipati, MD, MPH Assistant Professor of Medicine in Cardiology at Duke Clinical Research Institute and Julienne K. Kirk, PharmD, CDE, BCPS, Professor, Department of Family and Community Medicine at Wake Forest School of Medicine. They will review standard and novel approaches to assess for and reduce complications in patients with type 2 diabetes.
- Webinar 2 – Supporting Your Patients in Managing their CV Risk through Lifestyle ManagementExperts, Gretchen Youssef, MS, RD, CDE, Program Director, MedStar Diabetes Institute and Cindy Lamendola, MSN, NP Nurse Practitioner and Clinical Research Nurse Coordinator Stanford University School of Medicine will discuss innovative diabetes self-management education and support (DSMES), medical nutrition therapy (MNT), physical activity, smoking cessation counseling and patient-centered care to improve overall outcomes applicable to your patients.
- Webinar 1 – Translating Guidelines into PracticeJoin Dr. William Cefalu from the American Diabetes Association and Dr. Eduardo Sanchez from the American Heart Association as they discuss the latest guidelines on patient care and the practical things you need to know to incorporate them into your practice.
- Webinar 5 – Common barriers in the management of type 2 diabetes and CVD risk