The Target: Type 2 Diabetes ambulatory program recognizes the important role of outpatient providers and ambulatory health centers and systems in their efforts to tackle type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease. The Target: Type 2 Diabetes program is built to support participants in improving care and reducing patient risk factors while being honored for their effort and commitment throughout the process.
Register now to enroll in the initiative. By registering, participants will have the opportunity to leverage initiative resources, educational webinars, and have the opportunity to submit for recognition opportunities. Registration is available year-round.
Recognition is based on submission of organizational information and aggregate measure data based on the previous calendar year. All data must be entered into our data submission tool before recognition closes at the end of May each year. Each Participant and Gold Award recipient will receive a certificate to display their commitment and accomplishment in managing high cholesterol. More information on award levels and the submission process can be found in our downloadable recognition resources.
- Your organization’s contact information
- Your organization’s total adult (18-85 years) patient population count
- Your organization’s total adult patients (18-85 years) that are a race other than white and/or identify as Hispanic or Latino ethnicity
- The total number of clinic locations in your health system. Note: You may register each of your health center locations individually or as a single system overall.
- Your organization’s characteristics, such as multi-specialty, Federally Qualified Health Center, etc.
Step 1: New Participant Registration
All outpatient practices should register with the Target: Type 2 Diabetes program whether they would like to submit for Participation or Gold awards or not. Registrants will have access to the latest program information, tools, communications, and resources. Registration also helps connect your organization to local staff and program events.
- Looking for Target: Type 2 Diabetes for hospitals and inpatient providers? Visit our page for Get With The Guidelines participating organizations.
Step 2: Recognition Data Submission
- Ready to be recognized? Sites that would like to be considered for either award level will be required to submit information for the previous calendar year in our data submission platform.
- Recognition data submission opens on January 1 and closes May 29, 2020 at 11:59pm ET.
- Newly registered organizations will be sent platform login credentials from ‘AHA Support’ via email within 72 hours of registration.
- If you haven’t received your login credentials or need assistance, email us at TT2D@knowdiabetesbyheart.org