Know Diabetes by Heart seeks to empower people living with type 2 diabetes to take charge of their health and immediately take action. Individuals should talk with their doctor at their next appointment about ways to reduce their risk of cardiovascular death, heart attacks and strokes. Loved ones and health care providers can also help people living with type 2 diabetes by building a strong support system.
COVID-19: Diabetes, Heart Disease and COVID-19
If you have diabetes, heart disease, stroke, or underlying health conditions, you are at higher risk from COVID-19. With preparation, you can manage your risk and stay healthy.
Here are some resources:
- Know Your Numbers, Lower Your Risk
- Your Care Team Booklet
- Heart Health: The link between Type 2 and Chronic Kidney Disease
- High Blood Pressure, Diabetes and Your Heart
- Managing Your Diabetes Starts With Education
- Small Steps to Big Changes
- Tips for Building a Support System
- Type 2 Diabetes and Cholesterol
- Type 2 Diabetes and PAD
- Understanding Your Medications
- 4 Questions to Ask Your Doctor
- Types of Diabetes
- What is Diabetes?
- Take Care of Your Heart
- Where to Begin on Your Heart Care Journey
- 7 Tips to Care for Your Heart
- Your Medicine Chart
- Things You Can Do to Reduce Your Risk for Heart Failure
- 4 Steps to Preventing Stroke if You Have Diabetes
- Diabetes and Heart Disease
- Type 2 Diabetes and Understanding My Medications
Kidney Disease Resources
Type 2 diabetes can put a lot of stress on the body’s cardiovascular system—a system which includes the kidneys. Stay up to date with the latest news and research in the fight against kidney disease.
Learn more >