Know Diabetes by Heart seeks to empower people living with type 2 diabetes to take charge of their health and immediately take action. Individuals should talk with their doctor at their next appointment about ways to reduce their risk of cardiovascular death, heart attacks and strokes. Loved ones and health care providers can also help people living with type 2 diabetes by building a strong support system.
Here are some resources:
- 4 Questions to Ask Your Doctor
- Types of Diabetes
- What is Diabetes?
- Take Care of Your Heart
- Where to Begin on Your Heart Care Journey
- 7 Tips to Care for Your Heart
- Your Medicine Chart
- Small Steps to Big Changes
- 4 Steps to Preventing Stroke if You Have Diabetes
- Diabetes and Heart Disease
- Type 2 Diabetes and Understanding My Medications