Serve this tasty egg dish with some seasonal fresh fruit for a hearty breakfast. This frittata also works as a quick and easy dinner with a salad of mixed greens.
Serves: 4, Serving Size: 1/4 frittata
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups frozen fat-free potatoes O’Brien, thawed
- 6 oz small broccoli florets, rinsed in cold water, drained, but not dried (some water droplets should cling to the broccoli)
- 8 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 4 oz lower-sodium, low-fat ham (uncured, nitrate/nitrite-free), cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Lightly spray a medium ovenproof skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. Remove from the heat. Put the potatoes in the skillet. Lightly spray with cooking spray. Cook for 4–5 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Put the broccoli in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave, covered, on 100% power (high) for 3–4 minutes, or until tender-crisp. Drain in a colander. Stir the broccoli into the potatoes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg whites and egg. Whisk in the ham, milk, and pepper. Pour the mixture over the potatoes and broccoli, stirring well.
- Bake for 15–18 minutes, or until the eggs are set (they don’t jiggle when the frittata is gently shaken).
1 Carbohydrate, 2 Lean Protein
|Calories from Fat||30|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||17 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Added Sugars||1 g|
This recipe is from Diabetes & Heart-Healthy Recipes published by the American Diabetes Association. ©2019 American Diabetes Association and the American Heart Association. All rights reserved. Available at ShopDiabetes and ShopHeart.