Earthy spinach, crunchy cucumber, fragrant tomatoes, and sharp feta complement the creamy richness of avocado in this attractive salad. A slightly spicy lemon-lime dressing takes it from simple to sensational.
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Prep Time: 20 mins
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red hot-pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 18 medium spinach leaves
- 1/2 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium tomato, sliced crosswise and halved
- 1 medium avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 ounce fat-free feta cheese, crumbled
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- On a platter, decoratively arrange the spinach, cucumber, tomato, and avocado like a fan or an accordion. Pour the dressing over all. Sprinkle with the cilantro and feta. Serve immediately for peak flavor and so the spinach doesn’t wilt.
1 Vegetable, 1 Fat
|Calories from Fat||30|
|Total Fat||3.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Added Sugars||0 g|
This recipe is from Diabetes & Heart-Healthy Recipes published by the American Diabetes Association. ©2019 American Diabetes Association and the American Heart Association. All rights reserved. Available at ShopDiabetes and ShopHeart.