When you want a change from tossed green salad, try this easy alternative with a Greek flair. Tender artichoke hearts are combined with earthy mushrooms, juicy tomatoes, a variety of aromatic herbs, and tangy feta cheese. This salad is so full of flavor, you won’t need any dressing!
Serves: 4, Serving size: ¾ cup, Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 (14-oz) can quartered artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained, and coarsely chopped
- 4 oz button mushrooms, chopped (about 1/4-inch cubes)
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp dried basil, crumbled
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/2 oz fat-free feta cheese with sun-dried tomatoes and basil, crumbled
- In a medium bowl, toss together all the ingredients except the feta.
- Add the feta and toss gently. This salad is best if served within 1 hour.
This recipe is from Diabetes & Heart-Healthy Recipes published by the American Diabetes Association. ©2019 American Diabetes Association and the American Heart Association. All rights reserved. Available at ShopDiabetes  and ShopHeart .